Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul suspended over comments on ‘Koffee with Karan’

Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul suspended over comments on ‘Koffee with Karan’

Following a backlash, the episode has now being removed from Hotstar, the online platform on which the show is streamed, and Pandya has apologised.

After facing enormous backlash on social media, Hardik Pandya had taken to his social media account to apologise and had blamed the "nature of the show' for his remarks on women".

He said "I don't think people should read too much into his comments". The duo had appeared on an episode of the show which aired on January 6, and have drawn public ire after Hardik made sexist, misogynistic and racist comments on the show.

In one of the videos, Anushka Sharma appears to be taken aback by Ranveer Singh's comment and she also added: "You don't speak to me like that".

BCCI's Committee of Administrators chairman Vinod Rai confirmed the development when he said, "Both Pandya and Rahul have been suspended pending an inquiry".

Karan Johar's chat show Koffee With Karan is making headlines and not for any good reasons. "And they were like, 'Waah, proud of you beta'". Agree, you want the glam and millions of people watching the show more than your films ( a point which you emphasised in one of the episodes of Season 6) but at what cost?! "I'm little from the black side so I need to see how they move".

More news: Partial government shutdown enters Day 16

Some questioned why Karan Johar did not stop Pandya and Rahul from saying that was unacceptable while some slammed the filmmaker left, right and centre for dishing out the cricketers' sexual desires. Talent pe hota hai.

Even Pandya had earlier mentioned he had got carried away by the "nature of the show" while apologising for his comments on social media.

"Both Pandya and Rahul have been suspended pending an inquiry", Mr. Rai said. In no way did I mean to disrespect or hurt anyone's sentiments.

"Based on the legal opinion and till the time the final procedure is laid down to address this issue, will recommend that a communication be sent to the concerned players and the team immediately", Edulji said in response to the legal team's email on Friday morning, which has been accessed by ESPNcricinfo.

"#KaranJohar, shame that you snared innocent young cricketers into your trap for TRPS. their future is at stake and the country has lost 2 players in the current series", an angry Twitter user commented. "Whether they stay in Australia or not, is a different matter", he said. "We are still waiting for a decision to be made".

Related Articles